Friday, June 18, 2010

Got it Together

Oh ok I admit it. This summer I have indeed slacked off with my summer goals. I have been many things up til now: lazy, tired, and complacent. But I hope today marks a turning point. I got out today and ran for a while. I didnt get as far as I would have like to. I kind of lost my steam when I saw that my path was blocked by a tent full of people preparing for something. Not wanting to bother them I turned around. Unfortunately I had more surprises ahead. There seemed to be a mama bird that had decided to go Kamikaze on any unfortunate soul that should walk between her trees. She didn't scratch me or get leave any surprises in my hair, but scared the tar out of me. I tell you people if you need some motivation running their is none better than some mysterious wing-flapping animal going through your hair. I shot off like a street thug getting chased by the popo.
I came home and took a shower, and played my drums. Write now I'm sitting here writing and it feels good to know I got some stuff done today, may this be a habit forming for the rest of the summer.
This week I signed up for a tech class to help out with some plays that a family at our school runs for junior high and high school kids. Tuesday was our first day and it we mostly talked, and planned. Thursday was optional because the group was just moving stuff from a storage center. I opted out of this because it would be easier for Dwight and my mom's schedule. All the same I'm excited to go get to do that. It should be a fun experience.
Even though I actually didn't go to the tech class yesterday, I still had fun. Me my friend Alex his sister/personnal driver drove down to the Fonduloc mall for some smoothies that my friend claims are the best on earth. I had to say they were pretty good, but the ice wasn't crushed and kept coming into my mouth as little watery bacon bits. Me and Alex stopped into Game Stop for a few seconds while his sister went to go look at shoes. We drove on back and I arrived just in time to see my dad get home and let me in the front door. It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment