Sunday, March 7, 2010

I Am Such A NERD!!!!

Yes it's true. This may not be news to some of you, but alas tonight I fear I have hit a new low. This is the sort of thing that would happen to some kid on a commercial. Just read.

Today I was cramming in my 5 page state report on Michigan. Everyone had to chose a state. (See how I took a short cut here?) And we had all month to finish this report, but I had of course better thing to do (And by better I mean awesome) Yeah It was pretty bad. When my mom asked how long I had to finish this project, I told her I wasn't even going to answer the question. So I went a-writing away finishing page after page until I finally got to my industry section. As you might have known Battle Creek Michigan is the home of a Post Cereal plant and one of my favorite cereals: Honey Bunches of Oats. Being in the spirit of being a nerd I took the time to elaborate on this fascinating history. Just look.

"Michigan is the birthplace of several cereal manufacturing plants. Battle Creek Michigan is home to both Kellogg and Post Cereal plants. It was in Battle Creek that Vernon j. Herzing created the predecessor of Honey Bunches of Oats (this author’s favorite cereal, which he recommends to anyone.) After becoming the facility manager Vernon combined several post cereals at the plant he worked for in Battle Creek and Created a combination of 3 cereals, sold them as one and outsold all of the other cereals. The people at post originally wanted to call it the “Battle Creek cereal”, but the name didn’t stick. They eventually decided to name the cereal “Honey Bunches of Oats”. Honey Bunches of Oats is one of the top selling cereals of today."

Maybe that doesn't look so bad to you but if you only knew how I felt. I was all excited to be able to write about my favorite cereal. I was all like "Cool now I can write about my cereal, Cool Bean curds!" If that wasn't bad enough for you, my bibliography page read something like this:

(Link1)

(Link2)

(Link3)

The back of a Honey Bunches of Oats Box.


Yeah. I regret this nerdyness but somehow I would have done it again if given the chance. Someone help my weird self.


1 comment:

  1. If there was a "like" button on this post I would click it--so proud to see you embracing the Wood tradition of getting all excited about strange things...just ask my dad, vintage game player extraordinaire.

    ReplyDelete