Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Change Fairy

Today Has been a great day. Cousins are here. Life is good. But on to ,ore pressing matters

This issue has been one that has been plaguing me for some time now: The infamous Change Fairy .And no I''m not talking about politics here.
The Change Fairy is a tricky one. She comes while you are sleeping and steals your personal interests. She gets her joys out of taking away some very important goals from your life such as What you want to be when you grow up, or what kind of person you want to marry . Or what your college plans are. Exhibit A: I was at a tender age of 7 years old not a care in my world. I wanted so badly to be a Jedi Knight When I grew up. So of course I told all my friends and my not-friends. But were they the only ones listening? Oh if only they had been. The Change Fairy's attack was slow but effective. Eventually one day I woke up different I no longer want to be a Jedi Knight. Do I blame growing up? No. I blame the Change Fairy. Exhibit b: Second Grade I wanted to be a super spy. Do I now of course not.
Maybe the Change Fairy isn't as much a Myth as she is an Idea. I've always been penalized by the feeling that as soon as I set a goal it won't matter because by the time I get that old it will have changed. It's like I can get involved but I don't really want to talk about it out of fear that it will change. But let's start thinking more positively.

Todays Technical Tip: Rhapsody
Rhapsody is probably the most advanced music purchasing website on the web today. I'll start with my experience with rhapsody. I had accumulated quite a library on yahoo music. It was a good service with decent prices on music. Unfortunately they closed and I lost my usage rights. So the gave me some rhapsody points to make up for it on rhapsody's mp3 store. It was great to use rhapsody It's a bit hard to write about all the advantages of this mp3 store

  • They sell true mp3 format music, so you can use your music in slide shows and movies
  • rhapsody songs can be bought via the website or the rhapsody player
  • rhapsody gives you both free 30 second samples and 30 complete free plays every month (This alone should be enough to switch you out of itunes)
  • most all rhapsody songs are $1. None of that extra $1.20 poo
  • Rhapsody also works on any mp3 player (Take that itunes and your completely pointless ipod program. Trust me if your entering the music bizz stay away from the ipod)
  • Let us not foret that even if you have been sucked into this hole itunes thing rhapsody still ports into your itunes so you can put it on your ipod)
That's only the back end of rhapsody. The best feature of this website would have to be the actually Rhapsody/Rhapsody mobile services. These services allow you for only $14 a month listen to all the music you can stand without regurgitating. (And if you do regurgitate on something important, I'm pretty sure that rhapsody will not cover the cost of repairs. Please use rhapsody in moderation)

Unfortunately I have had a few issues with Rhapsody. Sometimes requests don't process or downloads fail. They definitely have some network issues to work out, but not enough to ruin it.

Best of all Rhapsody is available to everyone and many mobile devices. You can find it for your windows, mac, Ipod touch /Iphone apps, and even a few rhapsody custom devices.



2 comments:

  1. iTunes is very good if you don't know much about your computer. Obviously you and I know "mucho" about computers but on the other hand most people do not know much about the wonderful world of "My Computer". So iTunes is good for people who do not know much about computers. Since the greater of the population does not know much about computers it is much easier for the to plug their iPod in and have it automatically sync. Instead of having to do it manually.

    Also dont be hatin' on Apple! Even Microsoft doesn't hate on em'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling Wubs, I just loved the Change fairy bit...and since I was there during this post's publication I would like to credit myself as the muse!:)
    I know it feels like no one will read you. As it turns out, people will. Just write fun & write well--& when you get something you like post it to fb. Then...you'll see :)

    ReplyDelete