Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Stupid Things

Have you ever just wanted to grow up. In all seriousness sometimes I wish that I could just grow-up and skip these awkward in-be-tween years of life called the teenage era. As silly as it sounds I think we could have a lot to gain in just getting it over with. No more school, no need to leave your friends by going to college.
Have you ever met that one person (probably of the opposite gender) that you knew you would want to be around for the rest of your life. You know there is no pointed in dating or getting in some relationship now. But if you were older you would seriously consider dating or at least staying in personal contact the rest of your life. I hate it when I meet those people and the thought comes that I am probably going to go off to college and never see them again. That's such a depressing feeling. I even get it now whenever I meet someone that's just awesome, and I have to move. I don't know them well enough to keep in contact for a long time, but I wish I did. If I were an adult I would be where I wanted or felt comfortable going (all in God's plan of course) but I could drive places and do something about these people I knew not well enough.
I think we all come to that point in our lives where we are just sick of it. Be it school or our schedules or even our people. I just want so bad to grow up and skip the rest of school. Don't ask me how I'll make up the lack of education. (Why do you think they invented osmosis. I will simply put a bunch of books under my pillow.) I want to get married, start working and feel in control. High school is next year and I don't know if I can deal with all the stress.
The feeling of being stuck for 8 or 9 more years until life can really begin is just really depressing. But now there is only to dream, hope and plan. I sit here on my couch just thinking about what I want to do, and what I want to be. So it is now at the crossroads in my life I must start to prepare for this; to work towards a better self and a better future.

No comments:

Post a Comment