Saturday, May 22, 2010

Technology So Enjoys Getting Me Excited for Nothing.

Oh yes this is a techno-logic special those who bore easily should suck it up.

The majority of this weekend was spent trying to download Microsoft's new visual studio 2010 express, and silverlight4. For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about you have two options look it up, or read the thoroughly ridiculous insulting dumbed-down exprlansation I'm about to give.


The magical stuff that makes your internet explode with coolness, and the geeky crap used to make it. It's powered by leprechaun gold that was used to make computer tools.


Yeah. That good stuff. So anyway first I had to find the program before i could get the protocols. I looked it up, and realized i was looking at a professional version that would cost me many moneyz . So I talked to a customer service rep via a chat system; Mitch was his name. Mitch was helpful and nice and pointed me in the right direction, that's when things started to go awry. I realized that the magic microsoft download cool web stuff thing wouldn't let me download it. Mitch said I should call customer service so I did. I talked to a robot who eventually led me to some tired empty soul of a man who really hadn't had his coffee. This guy was not a clear speaker and made me feel like a total looser for not hearing him over my phone. (Which get's terrible service in the house.) He asked my name and phone and email, (Which I was reluctant to give him. I get enuff spam already thank you.) put me on hold which gave me some funky music an advertisement and eventually hung up.
Fed up with this I tried again this time I inquired about the other technology I was looking to download. This lady was equally uninterested, and tired. She made me give her my identification well. She then went on to ask me what my registration code was. I gave it to her and she referred me to dell my manufacturer, or pay 50 bucks to talk to their technician. HOW ON EARTH COULD DELL HELP ME WITH MICROSOFT SOFTWARE? ARE YOU SERIOUSLY THAT WORTHLESS AS CUSTOMER SERVICE PEOPLE?
Eventually I realized that internet explorer (the hodge podge piece of crud that uses everyone else's original features) was blocking the download request. (May I remind you this is Microsoft's own tech and they feel the need to block their own content. No wonder I hate that program.) After unblocking it. The web platform installer told me I could not run the download on my operating system. So I updated to windows XP service pack 3. Now when I download any of that stuff It just gives me a plain error.

I do have an idea though. I am getting my revenge on their customer service department.
I have my dialog all planned out.

Lady: Hello thank you for calling Microsoft. What is your first name?
Me: Jimbeaux
Lady: Last Name?
Me: Larraby
Lady: Ok jimbeaux what is you phone number?
Me: Mother hasn't given me my phone back. I'm using hers and she won't let me give nobody her number. One time we were at a bar and she was a drunk as a skunk and gave her number to everyone in that whole dang bar. Later during her hangover she listened quite a few weird messages.
Lady: Ok. (Trying not to sound awkward.) Do you have an email?
Me: No I don't believe in email; It's just the government using technology to send anti freedom subconscious messages to our sorry little brains.
Lady: (This time sounding very awkward.) What seems to be your problem?
Me: My computer is spewing out all sort a weird stuff onto my screen. I was cleaning out my drive yesterday and I think I deleted an important folder called system 32.
Lady: Ok let me-
Me: Oh no little Mikey is putting buttered bread in the toaster again! I told mother marrying my sister was a bad idea!
*Hangs up*

Todays little technotip: This thing:



That's the hp slate. So cooler than an Ipad.

No comments:

Post a Comment